ECNP makes a conscious effort to preserve natural resources and to help achieve a livable planet by taking a number of environment-friendly initiatives.
Congresses and meetings
- We now produce flyers instead of full announcements for congresses and meetings.
- For the ECNP Congresses only the programme booklet, a note pad and a pen are included in the congress bag.
- If participants wish to receive a printed version of the supplement of ENP they have to pre-order and pay.
Invitations, registration and correspondence
- Correspondence with faculty and participants is only via e-mail and phone.
- Registration and abstract submission for all congresses and meetings is done online.
- The participants’ kit, e.g. pens, bags, notepad and lanyard, is produced of biodegradable material. We are committed to ensure that no child labour or other human rights violations take place for the production of these materials.
- Catering services will be carried out with the aim of reducing plastic and other environment-unfriendly materials. Food is available in buffet style with the use of china cups, biodegradable carton plates and paper napkins.
- Collection boxes for badge-holders are made available during the meetings, for participants to leave their badge-holders for future use.
- Public transport tickets are given to all pre-registered participants of the ECNP Congresses for the period of the congress.
- For committee meetings, all minutes and attachments are sent by e-mail.
- All reviews executed by committees are done via closed websites containing the material to be reviewed, instead of sending documents by regular mail.
- Every employee has its own paper recycling bin.
- Printing of documents is reduced to a minimum. If documents are printed, this is always done double-sided.
We will be working continuously to improve the ‘green’ activities within the organisation and its congresses and meetings.